Sterling Development Group offers a comprehensive approach to the creation of your new home or remodel project. You can start with a full set of plans or just simply an idea. In either case, you can expect top Louisville Builder Carl Baker and his team to begin with a conversation of thought-provoking questions that will help us understand exactly what the needs are for your project.
We believe building is a creative process, one that should be enjoyed and celebrated. So from start to finish, we help our clients understand and actively participate in the project. Consistent communication, appropriate and creative suggestions, and acute attention to detail keep us on schedule and on budget.
Initial Consultation – Whether building a new home or remodeling an existing one, our process begins with an important first meeting with the client. During the initial consultation we will discuss the project as a whole, establish desired timelines, and review general budget desires. We use this time to get to know you and what your dreams are for the final product so we all begin on the same page.
Process Stages – Following the initial consultation, and once the overall desires for the project are outlined, clients will be involved in subsequent meetings throughout various stages of the home building process. While the needs of each project vary, below is a list of typical stages of the client process.
- Preliminary designs drafted based on client input
- Review of preliminary designs to determine modifications
- Preliminary in-house budget determined based on design
- Product selections made by client based on budget and design
- Final design sign-off
- Client contract review and signing
- Plans developed based on final design
- Final plans completed and final pricing established
- Construction commences
- Regular touch-point meetings to review progress
- Regular on-site walk-thru meetings
- Punch out near project completion
- Final walk-thru with client
- Thirty-day post-closing punch list and walk-thru
- One-year anniversary walk-thru
At Sterling, we want to ensure total satisfaction with your investment. Throughout the home design process, construction phase, and even after you move into your new home, you can count on us to provide excellent service and experienced recommendations for your home project. Short on time? Need to move more slowly? No problem. No matter what your timeline, we move at your pace and provide on-going support to make the home building process not only accessible, but enjoyable. Learn more about what makes Sterling the top Louisville builder. Contact us today to schedule your complimentary consultation.